If you’re a student and you’re concerned about bullying, here are some things you can do to avoid a bad situation:
- Before you assume, learn the facts
- Before you judge, understand why
- Before you hurt someone, understand what it’s going to feel like for them
- Before you speak, stop and think about what you’re about to say
- In a stressful or already heated situation, calm down before you act; take a deep breath and count to 10
- Don’t say anything in anger that you’ll regret. Your mood will change, but your words can’t be taken back
If you’re a parent and not sure what to say, here are some great conversation examples (click to download this PDF).
We have more information and resources here.