Join us to support Go Red for Women!
Each of us knows at least one person whose life has been affected by heart disease. Go Red for Women is a campaign with a simple goal: to help everyone, especially women, build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. How? By paying attention to your body, and learning to recognize the warning signs of disease before the worst occurs. What great goals!
Learning the signs and risks of heart disease is the first step to living healthier, but it also affects how you care for your family, as you learn how to make healthier decisions for them, too.
Learn the warning signs
Heart Attack Symptoms:
- Uncomfortable pressure squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back
- Pain/discomfort in one/both arms
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Jaw pain
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath, with or without chest discomfort
- Chest tightening as though your heart were in a vice
- Trouble seeing, blurred vision in one or both eyes
- Unable to lift your arm
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Give yourself a quick screening with the easy web-based health tool, My Life Check.
Impress your friends with more statistics and progress on the movement.
Remember these important dates and plan to join us:
February 5th – National Wear Red Day; Rome Go Red for Women Luncheon at the Beeches
March 4th – Heart Run and Walk Expo
March 5th – America’s Greatest Heart Run and Walk Event
May 4th – Utica Go Red for Women Luncheon at Daniele’s Banquet Specialists
What else can you do? Start by helping yourself today with:
- Good diet
- Stress management
- Work-life balance
- Regular check-ups: Know your numbers.
- Pay attention to your body: Know the warning signs
In addition to financial support, we help support this cause with education and community awareness efforts, and our staff and Members are proud volunteers in their many programs. Money raised at events like the Go Red For Women Luncheon goes toward lifesaving research, advocacy, and education programs.
Please join us over the next several months by wearing red on February 5th (National Wear Red Day), attending the Rome Go Red for Women Luncheon, also on February 5th, and supporting upcoming awareness and fundraising events.
Learn more at the Go Red for Women website.
Thanks for doing your part to stay healthy!