Become a Member
First Source is all about putting you first. Our Members, Community and Employees are top priority. What sets us apart from other financial institutions is our approach to doing business. At our core we want to help members meet their financial goals and improve their lives. We are truly invested in our members, taking the time to look at the bigger financial and personal picture before offering the best solution for their particular need.
It’s easy to join First Source. We can serve anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Oneida or Herkimer Counties. We currently serve over 40,000 members.
Some added member benefits include:
- Over 30,000 Nationwide Surcharge-Free ATMs though Co-op and Share Net ATM Networks
- Checking Account with Reward Options
- Credit Card with Reward Options
- Access to Balance Financial Fitness and Banzai Financial Literacy Programs
- Superior Member Service Everyday plus added Member Appreciation Days throughout the year
- Low fees, Competitive rates
- Kid's Savings Programs with Prizes
- Online Banking and Mobile App Convenience
- High Level of Community Involvement
- Discounted Water Safari Tickets
Hear what longtime member Angela Vanderhoof has to say about her experience as a member of First Source
What does it mean to “join” First Source?
As a not-for-profit, financial cooperative, we are member-owned. When you “join” First Source you become an owner of this credit union. We’re governed by a Board of Directors elected by our Membership. Board Members serve as unpaid volunteers.
If you qualify for membership, when you open your account, you’ll deposit a minimum of $5 which is your “owner share” of the credit union.
Not sure this is the financial institution for you?
Hear from our members on our blog.
By submitting your email, you give First Source permission to send you informative and promotional emails, including information on upcoming events, products, and services. You may change your designation at any time in the future. Thank you for letting us help you Live Smarter.
|30 year Fixed
|20 year Fixed
|15 year Fixed
|FHA 30 year Fixed