Your Guide To Traveling On A Budget
Summer is the peak season for vacations and travel. Schools are on break, and many families take the opportunity to go on trips, explore new destinations, and spend quality time together. It's a time for relaxation, adventure, and creating lasting memories. Our friends at Balance Financial Fitness have some great advice about affordable vacationing this Summer.
1. Be Flexible with Travel Dates: Consider adjusting your travel dates to take advantage of lower prices. Avoid peak travel times and opt for weekdays or shoulder seasons when prices are generally more affordable.
2. Use Price Comparison Websites: Make use of price comparison websites and apps to compare prices across different airlines, hotels, and travel agencies. This allows you to find the best deals and discounts available for your desired destination.
3. Be Open to Alternative Accommodations: Look beyond traditional hotels and explore alternative accommodations such as vacation rentals, hostels, or guesthouses. These options often provide more affordable rates and can offer unique experiences.
4. Book in Advance: Plan and book your travel arrangements as early as possible. Flights and accommodations tend to increase in price closer to the travel date, so booking in advance can help secure lower rates.
5. Travel Light and Avoid Extra Fees: Pack efficiently and try to stick to carry-on luggage to avoid checked baggage fees. Familiarize yourself with the baggage policies of airlines and make sure to pack within the allowed limits to avoid any additional costs.
6. Consider Traveling to Less Popular Destinations: Popular tourist destinations tend to be more expensive during the summer. Instead, explore lesser-known or emerging destinations that offer similar experiences at a lower cost. This can provide you with unique travel experiences while keeping your budget in check.
Bonus Tip: Consider Using Credit to Finance Your Vacation: Credit cards with rewards can be very useful during vacation. They are more secure than carrying cash and you can earn reward points while you spend that can be redeemed for cash back, gift cards, or even rebated flights. This is a great way to make your money work for you while keeping your savings balance intact.
Remember to plan, compare prices, and be open to alternative options to find the best deals available. Happy travels!
By implementing these tips, you can save on travel costs this summer and make your vacation more budget-friendly. If you’d like to compare interest rates for credit cards, check out our VISA Platinum Rewards Plus details here. If you’d like to apply for a First Source Credit Card, you can speak to one of our friendly Financial Service Representatives at 315-735-8571 or schedule an appointment today.
Bring This Session to a Live Setting
If you would like to schedule our Community Educator for a seminar or workshop for any Financial Friday educational topic, please email your request to FinancialEducation@fsource.org